Pan Seared Steak Recipe
Two 1/2-inch-thick boneless New York steaks (or whatever your preference is), a dozen asparagus, 3 cups of dried shitake mushrooms (hydrated in water), ½ cup of chopped parsley
Marinade: 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of minced garlic, 3/4 cup dry red wine, 1/4 cup water, 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder, 1 tbsp of curry powder, ¼ cup of balsamic vinaigrette, 3 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce, 1 tbs of seasalt or Hawaii Kai paniolo steak seasoning if you can get some!
1. Score the steaks with a knife
2. Sprinkle paniolo steak seasoning, garlic powder and worcestershire sauce over the steaks on both sides
3. Heat up a heavy iron cast skillet over high heat and drizzle some cooking oil
4. When it’s heated, add the steaks and grill them in 2 batches, turning once, about 4 minutes per batch for medium-rare
5. Transfer to a large plate, cover with foil and set it aside
6. Add a tbsp of oil in the pan and sauté over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp of light butter until pale golden
7. Add wine, water, soy sauce, and simmer for 2-3 minutes until it’s reduced by half.
8. Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in a tablespoon of butter
9. Stir in chopped parsley and pour sauce over the steaks
10. In another pan, drizzle some oil and when it’s heated, add the asparagus and mushrooms (spread them apart)
11. Sprinkle garlic powder, balsamic vinaigrette, a pinch of sea salt, curry powder and sautee them for about 3 minutes
12. Serve the steak on a nice plate with the asparagus and mushroom.
Don’t forget to sprinkle additional dash of sweet love on top!