Warm-up as the weather cools down this season with my personal take on Lentil Soup. In particular, Chicken, Seaweed, and Lentil Soup is my fusion remix of classic lentil soup. This is a relatively quick-to-make soup recipe, yielding a tasty seaweed and chicken mix of flavor.
Just as it has for my own family, this dish will fit perfectly into your Autumn dinners, as a healthy and filling option. Of course, you can make this a lighter dish of your own by withholding the chicken and keeping the seaweed element for its flavorful twist. Don’t forget to let me know how this recipe turned out for you!
- 6oz chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup lentils (rinsed and sorted)
- 3 cups of hydrated seaweed (chopped)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves freshly minced garlic
- 15 oz diced tomatoes,
- 32 oz water
- 1 cup of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 a lemon
- 1⁄2 cup of dried roasted seaweed (crushed in zip lock bag - optional)
- Pre-soak the lentils in fresh water for about 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Heat a skillet or casserole pan over medium-low heat then add 1 tbsp of olive oil and sesame oil. Add diced chicken and stir fry the meat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the onion, squeeze lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper. Stir fry them for about 3-4 minutes with the chicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add the seaweed, lentils and tomatoes and cook for additional 3-4 minutes and then pour the water.
- Cover the pan with the lid on and let it simmer in medium low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Serve the soup in a bowl and sprinkle chopped parsley and roasted seaweed.