Chili is a traditional dish that is served in America. This dish is seen at seasonal gatherings, sports events, and is even enjoyed daily. With how many different recipes and variations there are on chili, I had to make my own. My rendition on this recipe, Kimchi Chili, is a fusion dish that pairs delicious flavors from Korea and America. Where they come together and create mouth-watering flavors.
My fusion take on Kimchi Chili allows for other foods to be paired with this recipe as well. It can be used as a dip, topping, or even a sauce! All the while still delivering those delicious chili flavors. Safe to say, you might want to cook 2 servings for your guests because of how everyone will want seconds. In my opinion, the pork shoulder in the Kimchi Chili steals the show, and I would hate if you missed out on this combination of flavors.
By honoring both Korean and American flavors in this Kimchi Chili recipe, it reminds me that Life’s Delicious! So be sure to share this recipe with your family and friends for your next event, and check out my page or TikTok, @CathlynsKitchen to see more fusion recipes, and video tutorials on how to do them!
- 2 lbs braised pork shoulder meat
- 4 cups Kimchi
- 4 cups pre-soaked kidney beans
- 4 cups pre-soaked pinto beans
- 5 cups dripping from braised pork shoulder
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups water
- Heat a deep wok or pan in medium high, and add the dripping
- When it comes to a boil, add the pork, Kimchi, kidney beans, pinto beans and tomatoes
- Add 2 cups water
- Gently stir the ingredients with a wooden spoon
- Simmer in medium heat for 20 minutes
Note: Soaking the beans in water for 3-4 hours or overnight helps reduce the cooking time and remove the toxins from the beans!