Korean Candied Potatoes, is a traditional Korean recipe also referred to as Goguma Mattang. This recipe is a perfect dish for all your upcoming gatherings, seasonal events, or sport viewings. The dish alongside other dishes provides an elevated twist on the menu.
The versatility of potatoes and the forms it can take allows for mouth-watering variations to be made, capturing any and all flavors of sweet, savory, or even both! Other dishes, such as French fries, or mashed potatoes continue to make an appearance on the dinner table and never disappoint. This recipe promises the same result, taking potatoes to the next level.
My rendition on this recipe is a tasty, melt-in-your-mouth dish that delivers promising and sweet flavors. Not only does it taste good, but I know you will feel completely guilt free as well. The textures from the crunchy potatoes paired with the syrup glaze will leave your guests wanting to come back for seconds. From my table to yours, Life’s Delicious! So don’t forget to share this dish with your friends and family as well!
Check out my TikTok, @CathlynsKitchen to get a video tutorial on how to prepare and cook this show stopping dish.
- Korean Candied Potatoes
- 3 medium sized sweet, peeled and cut into small squares
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp toasted black or white sesame seeds
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tbsp water
1.Heat oil in a large frying pan
2. Add the sweet potatoes and cooked for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally
3. Transfer the potatoes on a sheet of paper towel to drain excess oil
4. In the same pan, make the syrup by combining the sugar and water over medium heat
5. Stir the syrup with a wooden ladle occasionally until it starts to bubble
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1-2 more minutes or until the syrup thickens
7. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and the syrup together
8. Mix them gently
9. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top