Why only feel toasty and festive during the winter season? With my Persimmon Cinnamon Punch, the holidays will never feel too far way. On top of the sensation of nostalgia, at 25 calories per cup, this drink won’t add to the holiday weight, and is guilt free!
This drink is perfect for seasonal gatherings, using real fruits and herbs to spice up any setting! Not only is it an unique eye catcher, but it will leave everyone wanting seconds as well; of course in moderation!
For events with minors, removing the alcohol won’t effect the drinks integrity; and can be considered a dessert drink! This recipe, paired with my persimmon pie or sweet glazed potatoes satisfies palettes with a sweet tooth; so check out my other recipes to begin preparing for your next event!
- 4 pieces of semi dried persimmons
- 2 cups dried dates or jujube
- 1 whole ginger peeled
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 gallon of water
- 2 cups brown sugar or stevia
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3 cups of vodka (optional)
- Boil the water in a large pot
- When it comes to a boil, add all the ingredients and boil in medium heat for 45 minutes and simmer in low heat for additional 15-20 minutes
- Stir in the sugar in the end and let it cool
- Pour the persimmon cinnamon punch in a large punch bowl
- Add 2 dozen ice cubes, pine nuts and stir
- Add 3 cups of vodka and stir before serving