Wraps are a popular, easy-to-prepare and eat, meal across the States for any occasion! Many wraps are filled with chicken or cold-cuts, but this unique recipe offers the bold Korean flavors of both kimchi and bulgogi.
Wraps are such an easy go-to choice, whether you’re on-the-go or just need a quick bite during lunch—but why settle for ordinary market wraps, when you can create a flavorful combination of savory, spicy kimchi and sweet bulgogi?
While my Bulgogi Kimchi Rice Wrap ingredients are the original recipe, its ingredients can also be interchanged with healthier substitutes, such as Splenda instead of rice syrup, and purple instead of regular white rice.
Each of the ingredients, however, I’ve chosen for their healthy properties and nutrients to make this not only a tasty but also a healthy option for your next snack or meal!
- Sesame Leaves
- Romaine Lettuce (or Iceberg)
- 2 Oyster Mushrooms, 1/2 inch slices
- Pre-sliced Kimchi
- 1 lb. Thinly Sliced Sirloin, Bite-Size
- Low Card Flour Tortilla
- 2-3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Sesame oil
- 2 Large Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
- Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Rice Syrup
- Rice (Cooked Prior)
- 1 Tomato, cubed
- Cilantro, finely chopped (to taste)
- In a small bowl add soy sauce, 1 tbsp. sesame oil, minced garlic, ginger, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, and rice syrup. Mix together. (As an alternative, Splenda can be used in place of sweet ingredients)
- In a larger bowl, add thinly sliced beef then mix in the Bulgogi Marinade for at least 15 minutes before cooking.
- Add oil to a medium-high skillet. Cook the marinated bulgogi until browned.
- Add oyster mushrooms onto the skillet, and sprinkle with sesame oil. Sautee until browned.
Kimchi & Salsa
- Add tomato and cilantro to a bowl. Top with 1 tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tbsp. sesame oil and mix.
- Sautee Kimchi in a skillet on medium-high heat, for 1-2 minutes.
Prepare the Wrap
- Take a tortilla, add 2 leaves of Romaine Lettuce, top with rice, bulgogi, oyster mushrooms, sauteed kimchi, and cover with 2 sesame leaves.
- Tightly roll the tortilla over.
- Serve with salsa and bulgogi sauce (optional)
Note: You can also substitute Kimchi salsa with lightly sauteed bell peppers and onion with a spread of homemade guacamole!