Kimchi Jiggae (김치찌개), or Kimchi Stew, is a classic Korean stew. This timeless and simple recipe serves a bold, savory flavor. Whether you need something to warm you up on a cold day, or to satisfy your craving for something warm and tasty, Kimchi Jiggae is the perfect solution for your appetite.
- 3/4 lb. Pork, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. Sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Doenjang (soybean paste)
- 2 cups Cabbage kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Green onion, sliced
- 5-6 Cups of water
- 1/2 Block of tofu, cubed
- 1 tsp Toasted sesame seeds
- Sauté pork in 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil, doenjang paste, and garlic in the soup pot for 4-5 minutes.
- Add kimchi to the mix and stir-fry for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add tofu and boil for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add green onion, finish by sprinkling with toasted sesame seeds on top.