Need a quick, flavorful meal for a few? This Easy Tuna Casserole will take less than 45-minutes total from prep to cooking. The fried onion topping creates a satisfying crunch against the soft macaroni and tuna.
A perfect quick-fix for the family, all of the recipe’s ingredients are generally affordable and easy to find at a local grocery store. For my own tuna casserole, I chose to use a 3-color macaroni mix to give the casserole a little more fun and color. This is a great balance between soft chews and crunchy bits, but you must make sure that all the ingredients are mixed well, and that your macaroni is cooked just right. You can watch the step-by-step video recipe below, or on my YouTube Channel.
Don’t forget to salt the water when you boil your pasta! If you’re a seasoned at-home chef, or just beginning to learn the best easy dinner recipes at home, you must never forget to salt your pasta water. If you do, your entire dish might lack flavor.
- 1 (12 oz) package 3 color macaroni pasta
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fried onion
- Parmesan Cheese (as desired)
- 1 tbsp Parsley Powder (as desired)
- Cook the macaroni pasta in salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente and drain.
- Thoroughly mix noodles onto a large casserole bowl.
- Add tuna and green beans, and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle 3/4ths of the amount of cheddar and parmesan on top, and mix into the casserole.
- Top with the remaining cheese, parsley powder, and fried onion.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 425F, or until the cheese appears bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Enjoyed this recipe? Try my Green Bean and Kimchi Rice Casserole next!