Trade your traditional green beans this season for Green Bean and Kimchi Rice Casserole—a new take on holiday casserole! This dish is one of the best representations of Korean Fusion, transforming an old-fashioned dish into something with a little kick.
Green Bean and Kimchi Rice Casserole is a simple combination of ingredients and will compliment the complexity of your traditional holiday entrees. You can add more heat with Korean gochujang chili sauce, or the seasonings your family prefers!
- 5 cups of jasmine rice
- 2 cups cream of chicken
- 2 cups lite plant-based butter
- 3 cups hydrated sliced shitake mushrooms
- 5 cups shredded Monterey, cheddar, and jack cheese
- 5 cups Kimchi sautéed
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cups cut green beans
- 3 cups fried shallots
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker or pot with 10 cups of water.
- Sautee the Kimchi in sesame oil.
- Add cooled rice to the casserole pan.
- Add cream of chicken into the pan and mix it into the rice.
- Add butter, mushrooms, half of the shredded cheese. Mix all ingredients using a wooden spoon.
- Mix in the sauteed Kimchi, and add green beans on top.
- Sprinkle shallots over the casserole, and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve warm.
Enjoy Fusion recipes? Try my Gochujang Chili Thai Curry.