Special get-togethers and seasonal occasions where I am able to be around friends and family makes me the happiest. Not only do I get to create fond memories, but we can all bond over the food as well! My Holiday Rice Cake creates just the environment where the food is just as memorable as the gathering. I love preparing this dish when I am hosting a gathering. Gatherings where savory flavors have an emphasis placed on them, but some sweetness is welcomed as well!
By fusing these ingredients together which creates my Holiday Rice Cake, the pairing of flavors elevates any occasion and will be the star of the show. Not only is this dish delicious, but it is super easy to make! The real reward in this recipe is the nutritional benefits that it serves. This dessert is a low calorie, guilt free, and nutritional blast of fruits of vegetables, that bind together to make a dish, an experience.
With all the seasonal events of summer approaching, I recommend this recipe to anyone looking to spice up their normal menu. I promise you will love my Holiday Rice Cake!
- Ingredients for Holiday Rice Cake
- • 3 cups calrose rice, rinsed
- • 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- • 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- • 8 cups of water
- • 2 pineapples slices (canned pineapples, cut into 4 smaller pieces each)
- • 4-5 pieces of tangerine (fresh or canned)
- • ¼ cup cooked green beans
- • ¼ cup cooked corn
- • Finely chopped green and yellow bell pepper (Optional)
- Make the rice in a rice cooker with all the ingredients
- When the rice is cooked, place it in a round bowl and press it tightly to form a round shape
- Empty the bowl of rice upside down onto a plate, making sure it retains its shape
- Arrange sliced tomatoes and pineapples around the plate
- Stuff the green beans in the middle of the rice cake all around
- Arrange tangerines around the top of the cake and garnish with corn and green beans